Monday 10 August 2009

A new breed of Anglican vicar?



The author of The Biblioblog Top 150 links to this. Here is his/her transcription of by far the best line in the skit:
Aren’t you all entitled to your half-arsed musings on the Divine? You’ve thought about eternity for 25 minutes, and think you’ve come to some interesting conclusions? Well let me tell you. I stand with 2000 years of darkness and bafflement and hunger behind me. My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants. And I couldn’t give a ha’penny jizz for your internet-assembled philosophy.
- Jim West (the Britcom character, not the eminent blogger himself)

Isn't that just diamond?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Be sure to see the companion sketches too, in particular, the waiter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVEHqwLVvpI&feature=related

Classics.