Thursday 11 June 2009

Israel's contribution to the Euro-Vision song contest

I never got round to posting this on time. I'm not a fan of the Eurovision Song Contest - the music is just cheesy. But a friend sent me the link so I thought I'd share it here. I'm not sure where they finally came - 13th I think. The melody isn't up to much, but choice of language (Hebrew and Arabic, mainly) and the content of the main refrain ("there must be another way") are reasons enough for it to have won a vote from me.

A question just occurs to me: since when was Israel part of Europe?


Here's the website.

For another music video, on the same topic in the same languages, listen to In my heart.

2 comments:

PP Kozon said...

Much of the Jewish population of Israel are descended from immigrants from Europe in the last century. Israel may not be in Europe, but its people retain a strong cultural bind.

Phil Sumpter said...

So the Euro in Eurovision means culturally European, rather than geographically or politically ...