Wednesday 29 April 2009

Another mouth-watering offer from Logos

Logos have come up with yet another mouth watering pre-pub offer which just makes me yearn ... for money to be able to afford it all! This time its a large section of the so-called Continental Commentary Series, though I'm not entirely sure why it's called "continental" and not just "German" (does "German" critical scholarship raise too many negative associations?).

So anyway, it costs $300 dollars instead of the Logos sale price of $600. If there is a random philanthropist out there looking for a budding Old Testament scholar to support, leave a note in the comments and I'll send you my back details.
Update:
Esteban of Vox Stefani has this to say in response:
[D]oes "German" critical scholarship raise too many negative associations?
Yes. Plus, André LaCocque is French!

3 comments:

Esteban Vázquez said...

Oh, I love these! Sadly, I only own Luz on Mat. 1-7, Lührmann on Galatians, and Kraus on the Theology of the Psalms.

[D]oes "German" critical scholarship raise too many negative associations?Yes. Plus, André LaCocque is French!

John Roberson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Phil Sumpter said...

I hadn't seen the LaCocque name. Cheers for the tip, I've updated my post.